Subject: Re: SMC EZNet cards?
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/02/2000 08:43:24
Jon Lindgren writes:
> Has anyone seen the SMC EZNet cards?  They're pretty darn cheap ($15) PCI
> 10/100 FD cards.  I don't know if the chipset is brain damaged, or what,
> but does anyone know the story about these (i.e. are they supported, or a
> variant of a supported chipset)?  The EtherPower II cards are great (been
> using a pair for about a year now), but they're about $55 or so...

It has a 'rtl8139' chipset on it.  The 'rl' driver likes it, and it seems
to work fine for me.  Definitely worth a $15 look.  Even though the driver
source code complains about the design, on my system it performs pretty
well, and has been fairly reliable WRT media selection, etc.  YMMV.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.