Subject: Problems installing NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Torbj=F6rn_Lindquist?= <linkan@astrakan.hig.se>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/01/2000 21:58:41
Hi, I just bought a 20.5 MB IBM Deskstar HD for my P200 to install NetBSD
in. The problem is it doesn't want to format the HD at all. When using
sysinst to format the HD and install I get the following error:

pciide1:0:0: lost interrupt
     type: ata
     c_bcount: 512
     c_skip: 0
pciide1:0:0: device timeout, c_bcount=512, c_skip0
wd0d: device timeout reading fsbn 0 (wd0 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying

When it has found one disk.
Later when I have set up the partition and the formating is going to start
it says

Setting up the DOS partition table ...
pciide1:0:0: timeout waiting for DRQ, st=0xd0, err=0x00
wd0d: device timeout reading fsbn 0 (wd0 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying

Rewrite of MBR failed.

Then I get back to the install menu.

It seemed to work on a 486 at a friend when he tryed, but I couldn't use
it when he returned the disk either.

The first time I tried it on the P200 it formated as it should, and I
could get the files, but I tried installing 1.4.2_ALPHA with the 1.4.1
script, and that was not that good, so I had to restart the
installing. This time it stoped the formating after a couple of blocks,
and now it doesn't even get that far.

/Linkan

http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~linkan/
ICQ# 6626106