Subject: i386 wscons-encodings
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: ali (Anders Lindgren) <dat94ali@ludat.lth.se>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/01/2000 01:02:21
I just confirmed that the "sv" encoding for wsconsctl isn't
a valid encoding (I suppose I should send-pr that since the
wscons FAQ lists it) and started messing around a bit with
it. It turns out the dk encoding does exist and is (surprise
surprise) pretty much identical to what I'd expect from an sv
keymap. I was thinking about finding out how to hack together
a Swedish encoding for us, but I realized the problem was that
wscons' vt100-emulation doesn't support 8bit at all, thus
ruling out any Scandinavian characters anyway. So instead I'd
like to ask - is there anything I can do to help getting the
vt100-emulation working with 8bit ISO-Latin1 charsets? I don't
know much about terminal emulation or wscons, but I'm sure someone
can tell me. :)

--
/ali: Computer Science Major and aspiring cartoonist. :-)
(dept) dat94ali@ludat.lth.se - http://www.ludat.lth.se/~dat94ali