Subject: Re: CD audio ?
To: Tony Hernandez <dbsaint@gru.net>
From: None <bsd@manumission.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/31/2000 21:10:01
The mixer device defaults to muting the CD input to the sound
card. Try doing the following (as root):

    mixerctl -w inputs.cd.mute=off

(I've had varying success using the various X mixer interfaces)

I've been having problems playing CDs on my system, but because
my CD-ROM acts bizarrely when an attempt is made to play. But
playing `manually', using the CD-ROM's play button, works fine.

And thus spake Tony Hernandez: