Subject: 3com 3c905B
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/28/2000 21:06:19
Hi all,

I've one of these cards and can't make it work with NetBSD-1.4.1/i386
in a HP Kayak XAs.

The card is picked up as ex0 with reasonable looking values (IRQ, MAC
address, etc) but there is no corresponding exphy line in the dmesg
output and unsurprisingly all attempts to ifconfig the card fail.  (I
tried once to make this card work under 1.3.x and failed there too.)

The card does work under NT without problems and the link light goes
on when the cable is connected so I'm expecting that the hardware is
healthy.

Since the network is 10baseT I used the DOS configuration utility to
manually specify the connection type to stop it trying to autosense;
no difference.  Ditto for warm boots, cold boots, etc.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Regards,

Giles