Subject: Stupid newbie question: PS/2 IntelliMouse
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Dominic Jones <dominicj@cs.utah.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/26/2000 12:29:08
	Hi. I imagine the answer to this is obvious, but I haven't been
able to find it yet. Heck, maybe I should have directed this to an X list
instead.
	I'm using NetBSD 1.4.1 on i386. My machine (a Gateway) has a PS/2
compatible Microsoft IntelliMouse. It appears to be on pms0 (correct me if
I'm wrong, but the machine appears to be acknowledging the existence of
the mouse here). I've tried a bunch of different configurations:
IntelliMouse, PS/2, MS compatible, etc. Every time I use xfree86 (through
xinit or xdm), the pointer starts to move when I move the mouse, but
immediately migrates to a corner of the screen and refuses to go very far
away. The buttons don't appear to be working properly either, but I
haven't been able to diagnose exactly what is happening.
	Any suggestions?

Dominic R. Jones
The University of Utah
jonesd@acm.org