Subject: larger than 500 MB
To: None <muc-lists-netbsd-help@moderators.muc.de>
From: Michael Volland <michael.volland@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/21/2000 13:44:56
Hi!

I installed NetBSD on my second Harddisk and it has to share it with
Linux-Partitions. The pc is an old Pentium I. I got the space for NetBSD
only about 500 MB large. Yesterday I tried to change this: I deleted
the primary linux-partition ( for linux NetBSD is on /dev/hdb1 ) and I
deleted /dev/hdb2. No matter what I entered into the NetBSD-install-program,
I could'nt use the hole free space of 1.5 GB and for the 1.5 GB NetBSD sees
two unused partitions, or disklabels? about 500 MB...

I read the NetBSD-FAQ about large disks, it did'nt help.
Is there a way to do it, or do I have to us a hole disk for NetBSD, or what?

I also appreciate any hints about what to read - slices & disklabels and
that stuff.

I also installed FreeBSD and OpenBSD on two other old pc's, but the disks
there are no bigger than 500 MB ;-)

Michael