Subject: Re: just great!
To: dkphoto <dkphoto@cyber-wire.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/19/2000 01:55:08
> >What hardware are you running?
>
> It is a Mac IIci, 48 megs ram, MacOS on a 160meg drive and bsd on a
> second 700 meg drive. The IIci has a cache card (Apple's) and a 10baseT
> ethernet card. Otherwise it is plain vanilla.

oh ho.

You could easily be having the "ncrscsi problem" that I had.
For me though, it installed okay, but just slowly corrupted files
and a week later I found I really couldn't trust it any more.

The GENERICSBC kernel (kern_sbc.tgz) fixed everything when I
reinstalled with that. My IIci is very happy now.

Also, mac68k installation is fraught with weirdness in general.

The novice installer "sysinst" was recently made operational on mac68k in
-current and it works quite well with only a couple confusing bits.  I
believe there is much interest in having 1.4.2 use this, so you may just
want to wait for it, unless you need the machine running NetBSD really soon.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com