Subject: Different X configurations for different users...
To: 'NetBSD Help' <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Stuart Carter <StuartC@omnibus.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/18/2000 11:55:51
I'm having trouble with my X configurations... I've currently
solved the problem, but you'll fall off your seats when I tell
you how...

I have an XF86Config local to each user (only a couple of users
anyway), which is then copied over the /usr/X11/lib/X11/XF86Config
by my 'x' command which does the copy, then invokes 'X'.

Yuck! I guess I'm relying on physical protection for my system,
because you have to break into my house to use it!

I'm _sure_ there must be a proper way to do it...

The two configurations are:

1)  1024x768x24bit Virtual: 1024 1300(ish)
2)  800x600x24bit  Virtual:  800  600

I've tried checking all the documentation, and it has so far
baffled me.

Hope someone can help,

Cheers,

Stu
--
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.