Subject: just not my day!
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: dkphoto <dkphoto@cyber-wire.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/2000 18:50:37
Well, it seems the installer decided to crash part way through the
installation. I had it set to 6megs of ram, but it apparently found some
other reason to crash. I found it frozen when I came back expecting to
find a completed installation.

It froze while installing the misc.tgz file which I had set up late in
the process. Therefore bsd does boot now and although it again complained
that file system xxx wasn't clean, I managed to run fsck and repair it.
Rebooting also seems to work now. In fact, now that I seen how it is
supposed to work, I'm sure it was broken yesterday.

Can I just run the installer again and try to finish the misc.tgz and
other files (I wanted to put X11 on there too.) Or am I stuck with yet
another fresh install process?

David Kachel