Subject: Re: Newly installed, and completely lost
To: dkphoto <dkphoto@cyber-wire.com>
From: Kevin McCarthy <klmhq@ih2000.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/2000 15:18:29
> >We have some people working on a new user guide
>
> Well I certainly hope that one of the people involved in writing it knows
> absolutely nothing about Unix and its variants and has never touched it
> before, thereby forcing the other people writing the guide to write it so
> that THAT ONE persons understands it. The current documentation is
> written in such a way that, anyone who understands it, quite probably
> doesn't need it!!! In other words, only someone who already understands
> how to install BSD and configure it would be able to make any sense out
> of the installation guide.
>
> David Kachel

I'm one of the people working on that new user guide and, don't worry, I have
absolutely no idea what I'm doing.  My introduction to UNIX was deciding to
use NetBSD and having a Linux friend give me a hand with a few things.
Everything else, I've learned the hard way and I'm not through learning yet.

If you have some specific things that you went through to get your machine up
and running, please let me know.  If you have some specific new person
questions that you would like to see answered, let me know.

Even though I had no experience with NetBSD or UNIX, I found that the install
guide was pretty useful.  Do you think an extension of the information there
is in order?  What parts?

Kevin McCarthy
New to NetBSD and loving it...