Subject: Re: Newly installed, and completely lost
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: dkphoto <dkphoto@cyber-wire.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/2000 12:55:21
>	If you have any suggestions as to how to make it easier to find
>	what to download - please let us know. Its people like you, who
>	have just come to it with a fresh start who can best help us
>	there :)

I have a suggestion: two folders;

first folder labeled: download all these for netBSD

second folder labeled: download all these for Xwindows

Another suggestion...
All those cryptic and VERY short file names on the ftp sites mean
abosolutely nothing to new users. Each ftp page should have a read me
that explains what every file on the page is and what it does.

>We have some people working on a new user guide

Well I certainly hope that one of the people involved in writing it knows
absolutely nothing about Unix and its variants and has never touched it
before, thereby forcing the other people writing the guide to write it so
that THAT ONE persons understands it. The current documentation is
written in such a way that, anyone who understands it, quite probably
doesn't need it!!! In other words, only someone who already understands
how to install BSD and configure it would be able to make any sense out
of the installation guide.

David Kachel