Subject: Laptop monitor frequencies?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/2000 09:49:43
I know that laptops don't have a CRT.  Do monitor frequencies mean
anything to them?  I have no idea what to set for them with X.

(I'm installing NetBSD at least briefly on a laptop.  Lack of support for
a certain Lexmark ink printer and USB scanners will probably result in
MS-WINDOWS being re-installed.)

(No, it's not my laptop.  It's on a short-term loan,
effectively...MS-WINDOWS got corrupted during a system upgrade, and the CD
ROM drive seems to have died, so I've taken the opportunity to play with
NetBSD a little on it.  But without USB scanner support and Lexmark
printer backends for GhostScript, it will have to revert to MS-WINDOWS.)

Anyway, any help w.r.t. the monitor and X will be appreciated.  It's an
i386 type system, if that helps, though I assume that it can be discussed
in general.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@rkr.kcnet.com