Subject: Re: nsl lib and the getnameinfo call alternative?
To: Charlie & <noud@axxes.be>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/2000 15:09:34
	You might be able to link against linux libs by using a linux
	compiler and linker but that would end up compiling the entire
	program as linux - much better to update getnameinfo() call

	getnameinfo() is a protocol independent version of
	gethostbyaddr(3). Its in place in -current for use with IPv6
	and should be included in 1.5. In the meantime you should be
	able to work around it - the manpage source for getnameinfo()
	is at
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/basesrc/lib/libc/net/getnameinfo.3?rev=1.4&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

		David/absolute