Subject: Re: help with samba
To: Wayne Burgess <wburgess@fun.org.uk>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/15/2000 20:32:46
Hi,

first be shure to read *all* documentation also available on
http://www.samba.org there choose a location and upon loading
there is documentation link.

Quick start: either edit samba.conf or connect to the samba server
with swat (please use the documentation on how to set up swat, the
docs are relatively good to read and understand).

You need to add users and "shares", shares refer to directories, to
share to NT users. That should be a relatively straight forward
process.

Be aware that the user structure is a little complicated:

You could either use a seperate unix user for every NT user,
you could also use one unix user for all NT users,
you can also define unix users for groups of NT users, whatever
matches your needs.

If that is clear you should be able to se up samba without problems.

mike