Subject: Re: Once again: long passwords
To: Andrzej W=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=f3jkowski_?= <admin@cordef.com.pl>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/12/2000 14:58:02
On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Andrzej W[ISO-8859-1] =F3jkowski  wrote:

> Once again: sorry for (maybe) lame question, but I can't find answer,
> how to make
> NetBSD to use passwords longer than 8 characters.
> Actually I'm using NetBSD 1.4.
> If anyone knows what to do, please answer!
> Regards
>=20
> Andrzej
>=20

hmm, passwd(1) says:

     The new password should be at least six characters long and not
     purely alphabetic.  Its total length must be less than _PASSWORD_LEN
     (currently 128 characters).  Numbers, upper case letters and meta
     characters are encouraged.

I'm moving this question to netbsd-help since its not specific to the pmax
port.

-Dan