Subject: Re: LinkSys Ethernet cards.
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/11/2000 16:32:50
On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Richard Rauch wrote:

> The more that I think on it, the more I think that I will do so, in a day
> or so.  I don't think that I'll run that way for long, but will try to see
> if I can get the card to be recognized under 1.4.1.

  Don't bother; there is no support for it in 1.4.X.  It differs from real
tulips in several ways so you really do need the tlp driver (see
syssrc/sys/dev/ic/tulipreg.h for details if you are interested). The nice
thing about the new driver is that the same driver is used for pci, eisa,
and cardbus tulip cards and should now work on all NetBSD platforms (not
that that helps you in this case...).

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net