Subject: Re: LinkSys Ethernet cards.
To: Kevin McCarthy <klmhq@ih2000.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/11/2000 06:38:26
> Do let me know if you try the current snapshot and it works.  I'll need to do
> the same thing soon.

Thomas sent me some things to try tweaking in the BIOS.  I may give them a
whirl briefly, but they sound like they MIGHT also degrade the system
performance, or even result in a non-bootable system (depending on what
Gateway set my defaults at for each, and why...).  However, I should be
able to play with the options with some safety, and recover my current
settings afterwards.

The more that I think on it, the more I think that I will do so, in a day
or so.  I don't think that I'll run that way for long, but will try to see
if I can get the card to be recognized under 1.4.1.

Hm.  I removed most of the drivers from my config.  I wonder which one I
need to re-enable?  (^&

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@rkr.kcnet.com