Subject: Re: LinkSys Ethernet cards.
To: Kevin McCarthy <klmhq@ih2000.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/10/2000 20:52:14
> > it, but if so...it's remarkable that in over a year since the card was
> > introduced, Linksys themselves are unable to suggest anything more helpful
> > than that it can probably be fixed by twiddling unspecified BIOS options.
>
> That seems kind of drastic to me.  I'm not an expert or anything, but I

And to me.  I'll hold onto it as a last-resort piece of advice,
however.  My dmesg log matches pretty closely to the /proc/pci LINUX
snippet that Thomas clipped from their web page.  (Differing format, and a
different device number, but fundamentally the same information.)

> > Given that nothing else (hardware or software) thinks that my current
> > config is wrong...I'm reluctant to risk breaking a correct config, if a
> > driver update will handle the newer ethernet cards.
>
> Do let me know if you try the current snapshot and it works.  I'll need to do
> the same thing soon.

I might try that.  If I do, I'll at least post here & will try to dig out
your email address.  (I just remembered that the i386 port is switching to
ELF.  I assume that I'd have to do a complete install to get it up.  When
I have one computer, _that_ also seems rather drastic just for a feature
test that I'm not (yet) ready to use.)

But, it gives me good grounds to hope that I can use the card under NetBSD
in the near future.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@rkr.kcnet.com