Subject: Re: Anon cvs access to pkgsrc
To: Anders Dinsen <anders@dinsen.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/10/2000 15:22:22
On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Anders Dinsen wrote:

> As per instructions given to me earlier I did:
>
> anders@box 8% setenv CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
> anders@box 9% cd /usr/pkgsrc/
> anders@box 10% cvs update -A -P -d
> nb00.nas.nasa.gov: Connection refused
>
> Why is this? I get the same when I try contacting the mirrors.
>
> I have pkgsrc from NetBSD-1.4.1 installed.

Try "cvs login" first (password is "anoncvs"). You only have to do
that once: the password is saved in ~/.cvspass.

According to the man page, CVSROOT in the environment overrides the
CVS/Root files (which were not set to anoncvs for 1.4.1). If that's
not true, try setting CVS_IGNORE_REMOTE_ROOT in the environment, or
simply "cvs -d $CVSROOT update -A -P -d".

I recently discovered that ssh works with anoncvs, as long as you make
sure you're logging in as user "anoncvs". In ~/.ssh/config...

 Host	anoncvs.netbsd.org
 User	anoncvs

or CVS_RSH="ssh -l anoncvs" would probably work, too. In that case,
omit ":pserver:".