Subject: Re: LinkSys Ethernet cards.
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
From: George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/10/2000 11:39:07

> > I would recommend to contact Linksys tech support for a solution or
> > a closer description of the bios setting changes needed.
>
> The web page that you quoted from doesn't raise my confidence in their
> customer support.  (^&

I've been following this with some amusement to see if anyone else had
better luck with their tech 'support' than I have.  Last fall I bought one
of their cards for our linux server and politely asked which chipset it
used.  After three days they responded with 'we don't support linux'.
There's a reason their cards are cheap.  Its time to move on to a more
interested vendor ...

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer  	 Auto Gear Equipment
			Host	 		 Classic-FM's Listening Room
			Project Manager		 The Payne Lake Project