Subject: Re: LinkSys Ethernet cards.
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/10/2000 15:51:34
Hi,

according to Linksys homepage the cards currently sold should be
still DEC Tulip equipped. Their support page have a topic about
Linux driver problems like this:

"If you encounter errors while the Tulip driver is loading, see if the err=
ors look similar to this:

	Kernel: Found Lite-On 82c168 PNIC at PCI I/O address 0x0.
	Initialization of tulip failed

Try doing a cat /proc/pci and see if a message similar to this appears:

	Bus 0, device 9, function 0:
      Ethernet controller: Lite-on LNE100TX (rev 32).
      Medium devsel. Fast back-to-back capable.
      Master Capable. No bursts. I/O at 0x0.

If you see these messages, your PC's BIOS is probably configured incorrect=
ly. Refer to your PC's motherboard documentation for help."

To me this pretty much looks samiliar to your problem, as Linksys
homepage is not too communicative to the "configuration of your PC
bios" I can=B4t tell what needs to be changed. Linksys homepage
describes problems with Via chipsets and I had problems with my
3Com card and the VP3 chipset too, but I can=B4t remember what
went wrong and what solved the problem (some bios setting changes
did the trick), the problem existed under NT too.

I would recommend to contact Linksys tech support for a solution or
a closer description of the bios setting changes needed.

mike