Subject: Re: Multiple X servers, via virtual consoles?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/05/2000 13:19:33
On 4 Jan 00, at 10:55, Richard Rauch wrote:

> Besides, I can bump up the resolution to my card's limit if I only use
> 8bpp, and some things are noticably faster.  (^&

That partly depends on Your card and the cards memory, many
cards today will support maximum resolution at maximum color depth
and maximum refresh rate. On the other hand, depending on the
drivers used, some cards run faster on higher color depth because
the driver will use hardware acceleration more aggressive in higher
color depth, but this often is a problem of MS OS with the
manufacturers drivers.

mike