Subject: funny crash
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Audun Arnesen Nordal <audun@stud.cs.uit.no>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/04/2000 13:51:45
Hi, happy new year all.

I run NetBSD 1.4 on an old Pentium 90, and basically all it does is
running a web-server (apache, perl scripts as cgi) with a medium to low
load. For external reasons (my employer), this box was shut down at new
years eve and not put back up again until yesterday.

When I came to work today, the box didn't respond to keystrokes at the
login-prompt (but I *could* switch between the virtual consoles, turn
on/off caps locks etc.). It would wait seemingly forever if you tried to
ftp, telnet or ssh to it. Yet, it did reply perfectly to pings and
traceroutes.

Nothing is written in the logs about it as far as I can see. Can anyone
give any hint as to what may have caused this?

regards

__
 Audun Nordal