Subject: Re: XFree86 3.9.17 fails to compile on 1.4.1...
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Brian Stark <bstark@uswest.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/03/2000 02:36:47
On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> > > Has anyone else tried to compile the new XFree86 3.9.17 on NetBSD 1.4.1?
> > > While processing "make World" in my $XWINHOME/xc directory I saw the
> > > following:
> >
> > I believe that this is a known problem.  To quote a posting on
> > slashdot:
> >
> > >Now for the results. The only tweaking that had to be done to the
> > >source tree was to remove the doc directory from
> > >           the build process. Looks like the top Makefile is missing
> > >in the docs directory. After that things compiled just fine
> > >           (Debian Potato BTW).
>
> Well, all the Makefiles are generated files, save the top one. So as
> long as there's an Imakefile, it should be possible to kickstart it.
> He could always do "xmkmf -a" in doc.

Thanks for the responses... In $XWINHOME/xc/Imakefile I removed the
"$(DOCSDIR)" variable from the definition of "SUBDIRS":

callisto:bstark$ diff Imakefile Imakefile.original
22c22
<                   programs $(FONTSDIR)
---
>                   programs $(FONTSDIR) $(DOCSDIR)
callisto:bstark$

and then I ran "xmkmf -a" in $XWINHOME/xc. "make World" is now running...

Regards,

Brian
bstark@uswest.net