Subject: Re: Generic Question re wscons
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: James Tuman Nelson <jimtnelson@earthlink.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/01/2000 11:13:56
I am running on an Intel Pentium 133 MHz machine with the i386 binary port of
Generic NetBSD-1.4.1.

Does wscons appear in the process list when you do 'ps -acx' on your machine?

I suspect that 'init' is not setting up the terminals as defined in 'ttys',
but I see three 'getty' processes occuring, and now 'wscons', when running 'ps -acx'.

I did not realize that only the i386 port supports wscons.  Will support be
extended to other platforms?

Thanks for your interest in this.  I would like to get wscons running.  My
mklinux box has virtual terminals and it is rather convenient.

Happy New Year

Jim Nelson