Subject: vax installing
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/10/1999 02:54:16
Hi,

I just got a vax here.
It's a fax station M38.
There is no floppy of cdrom in it, only a networkcard.
So i guess i have to boot the machine by network.
I heared the way to do is by using a mopserver.
Will netbsd work nicely on this machine? Should i check my hardware good
to see what disks are on it and other things to see if netbsd will work
with it? I wonder if netbsd can boot from the disks. It are to scsi disks.
Well i guess i have to specify the hardware more detailed.
Can anyone give me a hand putting up a mopserver with netbsd? I have
netbsd 1.4.1 for i386 running here. I dont have a monitor with it, i have
a VT320 terminal with it, and a keyboard plugged in the terminal.

Right now, ultrix is running on the vax, btw isnt ultrix 4.3bsd?
How can i see exactly what disks and other hardware (in detail) is in the
machine with ultrix? Cause my plan is to wipe ultrix of the disk and put
netbsd there. However, i got to be sure i will work on the machine.
Any help is awesome.
Thanks,

Reinoud.