Subject: Re: Having trouble compiling a kernel
To: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
From: Jon Miner <miner@doit.wisc.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/31/1999 01:30:01
* Zach Fine (zach@xdsl014.serv.net) [991030 23:02]:
> Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any reason why I'd be able
> to download this file twice, receive a file of the correct size, but
> each time with a different and incorrect cksum?

Dunno, maybe you do have a bad disk.  When I get it, everything comes
out right.

Are you downloading it in ASCII or something odd like that?

also, why not just use the NetBSD default ftp client?  It works just
fine (not to say anything bad about ncftp, for interactive sessions I
always use it.. I love command completion..).

Are you using an ftp proxy of some sort that has cached a bad copy (or
two)?

Dunno, but the moral is that when I download it, it comes out right.

It would be real odd if you got true transit errors twice in a row..  Go
buy a lottery ticket just in case :)

jon

--
.Jonathan J. Miner------------------Division of Information Technology.
|miner@doit.wisc.edu                 University Of Wisconsin - Madison|

 My arthritic pinkies are already starting to ache just thinking about ||||=.
              -- Larry Wall in <199809251659.JAA06689@wall.org>