Subject: Re: 50-row text mode
To: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/30/1999 01:48:50
> >Try
> >http://www.daemonnews.org/199909/answerman.html#wscons
>
> No, I've already done all that (as was indicated in my original post).
> I'll tell you the same thing I told Mark Randelhoff:

Reset your wscons.conf to the default and try the exact instructions
again.

I wrote that, and tested it on 1.4.1, both i386 and arm32 (CATS, which
supports vga0 and wscons), and it works fine on both of them.

However! The 1.4.1 X server _will_ mess up your virtual terminals.
IIRC the problem was fixed in -current by increasing the amount of
VGA memory that is saved and restored by the X server.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com