Subject: cpu quota
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/25/1999 18:58:13
Hi,

Imagine that a user creates a program called "a".
In that program in just one line "a|a".
Now he makes it with chmod executable.
I believe now that for every a a new process is created.
There is an option to set cpu quota which will limit the amount of
processes a user can start right?
How do i do this? And where can i find inf about it? I didnt find anything
so far. Another question..... imagine a user creates a program in c and in
there he allocates much memory on and on, until there is no more left.
Can you also set limits to the amount of memory a user is allocating so
that the system wont crash?
I know these are strange questions, but you never know what user's will
try on your system.
Bye,

Reinoud.