Subject: Re: init runlevel.
To: Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/20/1999 23:15:08
  There is no "runlevel" in the SysV/Linux sense.
  One is either single user or multi-user. You can see what the security
level is with:

  sysctl kern.securelevel

  The system boots in level 0. level 1 is typical, level 2 is more
secure. Only PID=1 (init) can lower the value.

  {I never did figure out how find out the current run level in Linux. SysV
had "who -r" but "who" is a GNU bin-utils, and so isn't integrated with
Linux. (My other rant is that Linux is back in the stone ages when it comes
to modem control, stty -f, etc..) }

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|  firewalls  [