Subject: Re: x e-mail client ??
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
From: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/20/1999 10:04:47
Another email client worth looking into is "vm", which runs in
xemacs. I use it because its MIME support has proven better for me
than rmail's (you can look at images within the e-mail message instead
of having to extract them, for example). It's also nice to be able to
'w3-preview-this-buffer' when people send html mail. I'd recommend
trying "xemacs -f vm" for a spin. It also has a nice, quick text-mode
version that looks a lot like rmail.

I've also heard a lot of good things about "mutt" from people who've
used a lot of different e-mail clients. Might be worth checking out.

Netscape Communicator does support mail just like the versions for
other platforms. I find that an email client that runs inside of
xemacs suits me better though, as it's then possible to use all those
nifty emacs text-editing features, and multiple buffers, and
supercite, the list goes on.

-Zach Fine
czyz@serv.net