Subject: RE: core dump
To: John A. Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/06/1999 08:11:06
On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, John A. Maier wrote:

> I'm sorry I was in a hurry when I wrote the original message.
>
> What I ment was; I have a core from a program that I am trying to port to
> NetBSD, I would like to examine the program's core file.
>
> What are the steps to looking at the program core file.

That's even easier. "gdb /path/to/program /path/to/program.core" A
debugging executable, built with "-g", lets "bt" give you line numbers
from the C source. You need at least an unstripped exec to get routine
names instead of numbers. You can use the core dump from a stripped
exec with the original unstripped exec in the build directory.