Subject: Re: Help with Taylor UUCP 1.06.1
To: Phil C <pchampon@sefl.satelnet.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/03/1999 08:53:32
Phil C wrote:

> Curt Sampson may have written:
> ->
> -> What happened to the UUCP that was already installed on your system
> -> when you installed NetBSD, BTW?
>

> Like an unthinking boob, I simply installed it... But all the original UUCP
> apps are still in /usr/libexec/uucp, but they fail as miserably as any other
> uucico that I have compiled. I am totally lost ... right now uucico us owned by
> uucp, suid bit is on and the sgid bit is off.

Did you create a new uucp account that has a different uid to the
standard NetBSD uucp account?  The original uucp account had a line like

	uucp:*:66:1::0:0:UNIX-to-UNIX Copy:/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/libexec/uucp/uucico

in /etc/master.passwd.  Others have suggested something like

	ls -ld /var/spool/uucp

I'd also check that the owner of

	ls -ld /usr/libexec/uucp/uucico

matches...