Subject: Documentation/How To's
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Amergin <amergin@wwa.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/27/1999 21:57:17
Is there somewhere to download a collection of all the NetBSD How-To's?

I am installing NetBSD for the first time trying to migrate from NT. I
prefer learning and determining how to do this as much as possible on my
own but I am having issues in knowing were to look for help on services I
know about. And even knowing the correct questions I should be searching
answers for.

At this point I am only trying to setup a NetBSD box (i386) for my
proxy/firewall between my dialup acoount and my home network. I've gotten
a PPP connection unreliably. And once connected I cannot ping or see
anything externally. I also cannot tell if I have IPNat setup correctly
and if my configs are causing pppD a problem.

I am seeing "Ping" from the console taking up to 5 min to respond. Netstat
-r also takes forever to build a table. I dont believe that it si normal
behavior.

Again, I don't mind anyone throwing suggestions at me or even telling me
where I missed something obvious. BUt I don't want anyone to think that
I'm asking others to do my work. Point me in the right direction and I'll
keep plodding until I know it forward and backwards!  :-)

Thanks,
Amergin