Subject: Re: dial up connection
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/24/1999 09:10:02
I checked that "how to" and it looks like that explains how to
connect to my ISP from my BSD box using PPP.  I want to
be able connect to  my BSD computer from the windows 98 computer at work.
Using the modem.  One modem on the PC and the other modem on my mac.

  I have ppp connection working on the BSD box.  I'm using it to send this
email.  I want the modem on my Mac to answer an incoming call from the PC and
let me log on to my NetBSD system.

I think I need another "How to".  Am I wrong?

On Mon, 24 May 1999, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> Thus spake Guy Santiglia
> >   I would like to be able  dial up my computer's modem
> > from a remote location, ( like at work)  and have the modem answer and
> > them I want log onto my system like I can do with my
> > ISP.  Can someone point me in the right direction to learn
> > how to do this.
>
> NetBSD has a PPP server.  See the section of the networking FAQ at
> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/index.html#ppp for details
> on setting this up.
>
> --
> D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@{druid|vex}.net>   |  Democracy is three wolves
> http://www.druid.net/darcy/                |  and a sheep voting on
> +1 416 424 2871     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, NetBSD 1.3.3!
South Korea