Subject: RE: Printers.
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/20/1999 14:03:42
On 20-May-99 Richard Rauch spoke unto us all:
#  Hm.  Possibly, but the papersize isn't grossly incorrect.
#

No.. but your paper may be slightly incorrect.. or whatnot.. you might try
manually tuning it around to get it working..

# >As for a suggested printer.. I'm happy with my Epson colorjet printer..
#
#  Can you give me a specific model number?  Or does ``colorjet'' implicitly
#  mean just one particular model?  Any gotchas?

Mine's the Stylus 500..  They now make higher versions than that.  I think you
want to stay away from the cheaper one..  The newer version of mine was called
the 600 last time I looked.

#  (Also, something that troubles me a little.  When my brother bought a

Dunno..  Mine has a "cleaning" button on it.. that is useful sometimes..  One
problem I have is that sometimes the ink cartiges refuse to drip properly.. You
end up having to take them out.. shake them violently (cap the open end first,
ask me how I know this) and put them back in and run the cleaner, followed by a
few pages to exercise it..

I've never had to clean the whole thing.. had it for 2-3 years now.

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org