Subject: Re: GSM Data and NetBSD
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/19/1999 21:00:01
According to Christos Zoulas:

>Not an answer to the question since I have not tried either under NetBSD...
>
>The Bosch world phone. needs cable and maybe card. AT command set.
>The Ericsson I888W. works by itself (IRDA). Don't know

I have successfully used a Nokia 2110 + GSM PCMCIA card under NetBSD
1.3 - the gsm card just comes up as a com port and it supported the AT
command set (it gave train-surfing a new meaning :-).  I have not had
any success with a Nokia 5110 (I think it is - no IRDA), I have the
"data kit" cable but I cannot get the phone to respond.  Anyone have
any ideas on this?