Subject: MIDI is in sight!
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/17/1999 02:32:03
Hello all. I was extremely pleased to see that NetBSD 1.4 shipped with
midi device drivers.

I have a Gravis Ultrasound PnP soundcard, a few midi devices, and the
midi adapter for the GusPnP's joystick port. I'd love to be able to
hook everything together. Unfortunately, it would appear that NetBSD's
midi driver only supports the Soundblaster's MIDI port, and not that
of the Gravis Ultrasound PnP.

Has anyone out there tried to get MIDI working with the Gus PnP? Would
anyone be able to help me to get it working?

I noticed a few MIDI related definitions for the Ultrasound in
/usr/include/dev/isa/gusreg.h. Maybe these would be useful for the Gus
PnP as well?

It'd be great to be able to put a "#midi*  at guspnp?" line in my
kernel configuration file...

Thanks for any pointers

-Zach Fine
czyz@serv.net