Subject: Kernel privileged program?
To: 'netbsd-help@netbsd.org' <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Martin <BruceM@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/10/1999 14:09:27

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE9ADD.F4763100

I need to write a program that can write to our on-board
ROM. It is a simple read/write program, and ths I don't see
the need to write a device driver. However, I need the same
memory-access privileges that device drivers normally have:
how do I write a program/set it up so that I can have access
to memory areas normally disallowed in user mode?

Thanks
  Bruce

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE9ADD.F4763100

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE>Kernel privileged program?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I need to write a program that can write to our =
on-board ROM. It is a simple read/write program, and ths I don't see =
the need to write a device driver. However, I need the same =
memory-access privileges that device drivers normally have: how do I =
write a program/set it up so that I can have access to memory areas =
normally disallowed in user mode?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp; Bruce</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>