Subject: Re: Problem with sane package...
To: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@idle.trapdoor.vip.at>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/05/1999 19:54:14
Zach Fine wrote:

> ln -s /usr/X11R6/bin/gtk10-config /usr/X11R6/bin/gtk-config

  Ouch!  You somehow seem to have managed to mix up different pkgsrc
versions for different packages.  Have you ever used
FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=1 or something the like?  The best thing here
probably is to completely remove your pkgsrc tree and replace it with
the current version.  In case any of your old (binary) packages conflict
with a newer one, remove them and install the corresponding new
packages.  This will also get you the latest versions of gimp and sane
that work with gtk+-1.2.2 (instead of gtk+-1.0.6).

> After those changes, everything went fine. I'm a bit nervous about
> removing G_GNUC_NORETURN though. Should I be?

  That should not be necessary, since it usually is handled by the
configure process (which may get confused, however, if your package
binaries and/or sources are inconsistent).

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene