Subject: Re: Problem with sane package...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/04/1999 23:54:30
As is often the case, I figured out how to get something done just as
soon as I reached out for help. For what it's worth, I got the sane
package to finish building and installing itself.

Hopefully, listing the hoops I jumped through in order to get the sane
package to compile will either be useful to someone else who has
similar difficulty getting through compilation, or will allow some
knowledgeable person to point out any problems with the changes I've
made. And here they are:

	in /usr/X11R6/include/libgimp/gimp.h I commented out the line:

void G_GNUC_NORETURN gimp_quit (void);

	and replaced it with:

void gimp_quit (void);

	is G_GNUC_NORETURN actually defined somewhere? I grepped for
	it but didn't find anything.

	I also had to do the following:

ln -s /usr/X11R6/bin/gtk10-config /usr/X11R6/bin/gtk-config

After those changes, everything went fine. I'm a bit nervous about
removing G_GNUC_NORETURN though. Should I be?

Thanks.

-Zach Fine
czyz@serv.net