Subject: Re: moving from samba 1 to samba 2
To: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/03/1999 14:57:43
On May 2, nm wrote
> well i have two netbsd systems (a sparc and an alpha) both
> run 1.3.3 and i have been using samba 1.9.18p10 for a while
> on both of them.
>
> recently i upgraded to 2.0.3 and found that win95 and win98
> clients can no longer connect to my shares.  i am using the
> same smb.conf file and i am stumped.  i maintain a seperate
> smbpasswd file and patching the registries of the windows
> machines is out of the question.  winnt clients work with
> both version 1 and version 2.
>
> any ideas what is going on here?  and yes i am using encrypted
> passwords.

I didn't remenber having to do special stuffs when upgrading my servers
for win95/98 machines. But I didn't reuse the same config file, I built a new
one from scratch. Oh, and after the upgrade some users had to reenter their
passwd (smbpasswd as root), but not all. This was also true for 2.0.0 -> 2.0.3
upgrade. Strange ...