Subject: moving from samba 1 to samba 2
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/02/1999 17:03:53
well i have two netbsd systems (a sparc and an alpha) both
run 1.3.3 and i have been using samba 1.9.18p10 for a while
on both of them.

recently i upgraded to 2.0.3 and found that win95 and win98
clients can no longer connect to my shares.  i am using the
same smb.conf file and i am stumped.  i maintain a seperate
smbpasswd file and patching the registries of the windows
machines is out of the question.  winnt clients work with
both version 1 and version 2.

any ideas what is going on here?  and yes i am using encrypted
passwords.

i know this is not a samba mailing list, but i have
always receive excellent help from the netbsd lists
and the samba list didnt seem to respond to me.

i am posting without my smb.conf file and without
getting into too many details because i do not want to
piss everyone off.  if anyone has seen similar problems
or wants to help private correspondence would be best.

thanks
nick maniscalco
nmanisca@vt.edu