Subject: Re: Emergency! System is lost!!!
To: Fusie Zhang <fzhang@cs.nmsu.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/29/1999 23:23:37
On Apr 28, Fusie Zhang wrote
> i have a dual boot i386 box. my windoze(98) crashed. after reloading win98, my
> netbsd partition did not show anymore when i tried to install "os-bs"(both 135
> and beta). i can tell the partition is still there because the DOS partition
> only used part of the disk. actually, when i tried to install os-bs, it showed
> there were 4 partitions present. however, only one (DOS FAT) had a name. The
> others were laelled unused. how do i recovery? i am despairing. SOS! appreciate
> your help.

If it's just this, then boot NetBSD from floppy, start a shell (utility menu
in sysinst) and start 'fdisk -u wd0' (or fdisk -u sd0 if it's SCSI).
Then you can add a partition for NetBSD covering the free space. If windows
didn't change its partition size and offsets, your NetBSD stuffs should
magically reappear.