Subject: Re: sendmail - mail relays
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Trebisky <tom@kofa.as.arizona.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/27/1999 18:01:10

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 10:17:42PM -0500, seebs@plethora.net wrote:
> It's not *THAT* bad.

It's bad 'nuff - but what I did do is as follows:

1) grabbed sendmail-8.9.3-tar.gz from ftp.sendmail.org
2) built a new sendmail and put it in /usr/libexec/sendmail
2) copied cf/cf/generic-bsd4.4.cf over /etc/sendmail.cf
3) changed a couple of things (this file wants /etc/sendmail.cw
   and /etc/mail/relay-domains).
4) fired it up and verified that I am no longer a mail-relay.
   (and that I can still send and receive mail).

> > it .... why is neither netbsd or linux "shipping" with 8.9.x??
> I believe the licensing rules changed.

I'll bet you are right.
The LICENSE looks fine to me, but so does the GPL, and the Berkeley
license, and anything that doesn't come from a car dealer or department
store (or bad Bill in Redmond).

THANKS! to the 8 or so folks that emailed me with advice.

	Tom
--
	Tom Trebisky			MMT Observatory
	ttrebisky@as.arizona.edu	University of Arizona