Subject: Re: NetBSD-friendly ISP's?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/16/1999 05:41:36
On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 09:57:37AM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Sue Blake wrote:

> > I have seen it happen with the ee editor supplied with FreeBSD, in its
> > autoformat mode. To the user it feels as if it really is treating the
> > text as paragraphs, not as groups of lines.
>
> You got my interest with that, so I ripped ee out of a FreeBSD-2.5.5
> distribution and got it to compile and link against the ncurses in the
> our package system. For comparison, I tried it out on a FreeBSD-3.1
> system. That 3.1 box doesn't have the sources on it, though.
>
> It doesn't reflow quite as fluently as a Mac editor.

Perhaps not, I wouldn't know, but...

> After you delete some text, you still have to type something for it
> to rejustify. Maybe I'm missing something, but if you have to hit a
> CR and then a backspace to reformat the paragraph, you'd be better
> off just hitting a single key, IMO.

All you need to do is type a space anywhere within that paragraph, as
you would naturally do when continuing to type, and the whole paragraph
flows again. In fact, it's nice to have the words stay still briefly
while deleting, and then not have to change hand or brain position to
use any special key ("just keep working on it") to get the wrapping
back.

(This is not a plug. I hate working like that, but typists love it.)

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-