Subject: Re: NetBSD-friendly ISP's?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/15/1999 05:44:36
>> >Speaking of which:  Are there any text editors which have a mode
>> >where paragraph justification happens constantly?  Emacs probably
>> >has one, but I don't think I want to start my mom on Emacs.  ;-)
>>
>> i think pico (part of the pine distribution) is what you want.  but i
>> hate pico, so don't ask me how to use it.  :)
>
>Well, "pico" will wrap lines (so can "vi"), but to make it rejustify you
>have to hit Control-J. That's still not what Peter wants, which is to
>justify automatically. The only editor I've ever seen that does that, runs
>on a Macintosh, but you probably don't want to hear about that... :)

that's funny...i was sure it did that automatically.  that was the
only explanation i could come up with for why things like sendmail.cf
and named.boot got royally screwed up when edited by admin that was
not me.

it also "solves" the problem of people sending me long-lined log
snippets that are "line-wrapped" at about that column in an
infuriating manner.  and why, after i "unwrap" them for a reply, the
reply to my reply has them wrapped again.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|