Subject: Re: NetBSD-friendly ISP's?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/15/1999 04:14:23
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Peter Seebach wrote:

> However... Because this is an obsolete deal, it's not really
> supported anymore, and it costs money to use it.  Anyone know of
> an ISP (ideally either national or in Denver) that supports NetBSD?
> I'm not big enough to open a POP in Denver just for my mom.  ;-)
> "works okay with" would be good enough.  I seem to recall I got
> connected okay to Mindspring, but I'd love to see an ISP actually
> say they support users with free OS's.

Enteract has instructions on their web page, <http://www.enteract.com/>
for freebsd and linux dial-up users. They even created a private newsgroup
for their linux users, and then another for freebsd. (Mainly in response
to whines from some linux users that we were polluting their newsgroup.)
Tracy Snell, the president, routinely fends off requests for abominable
Microsoft pollution; lately its Front Page extensions. Enteract markets
nationally to shell users, but dial-up accounts are, unfortunately for
you, limited to the Chicago area.  The new owners, Twenty First Century of
Seattle WA, claim to be considering going nationwide, so watch for that.