Subject: kgdb/i386
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/01/1999 14:10:13
Is there a FAQ somewhere on how to use kgdb? Story so far: compiled an i386
kernel with

options         KGDB            # remote debugger
options         "KGDB_DEVNAME=\"com\"",KGDBADDR=0x3f8,KGDBRATE=38400
makeoptions     DEBUG="-g"      # compile full symbol table

Plugged a serial cable into tty00 on machine running the above kernel.
Plugged the other end in tty01 of a box running tip console with
console:dv=/dev/tty01:br#38400:pa=none:dc:
in /etc/remote. Then on the tty01 box:

# tip -v console
can't open log file /var/log/aculog.
connected

then I type ~#, which I thought would send a break, and start up kgdb, but
obviously I'm wrong. Once I got "kgdb waiting...", as per
src/sys/arch/i386/i386/kgdb_machdep.c:240

(All this is to try to figure out why I get a core dump in select() when
using postgresql...)

Cheers,

Patrick